It seems like the Liebster Award is making its way through the crochet crowd today. :)I received one from CrochetbyGray and one from CrochetCricket. Thank you to both of you, I appreciate it very much.
Here are the rules:
- Thank and link back to the blogger who presented you with the award.
- List 11 random facts about yourself
- Answer 11 random questions
- Create 11 random questions for your nominees
- Present/nominate a Liebster Blog Award to more newbie bloggers! (no tag backs)
11 Random Facts About Myself
- I am a Christian and attend church every Sunday.
- I met my husband in high school. He was the first and last person I dated.
- I am the 2nd oldest with 7 siblings. 5 sisters and 2 brothers.
- I have small hands. My rings are size 4.5
- I enjoy singing.
- Even though I can’t stand country music, I love line dancing and am actually pretty good.
- I started crocheting because I broke my foot (wasn’t allowed to put any weight on it for 2.5 months) and needed something to do while sitting around all day.
- My favourite subject in high school was Biology.
- I worked as a lifeguard/instructor for 5 summers.
- I love hot weather, the beach and swimming.
- No matter what job I do, I like to do it to the very best of my ability. I take pride in a task well done.
11 Random Questions from Crochet by Gray
- If you crochet, what is your favorite pattern to date? If you don’t, what is your favorite crafty thing that you or someone else has made? My favourite pattern to date is the Namine Doll that I made.
- What is your favorite meal to cook? My favourite meal to cook is Cheesy Noodles and Ham Casserole.
- Who is your favorite band/singer? My favourite band is Marianas Trench, and I also love the musical acting troupe called Starkid (if you like Harry Potter, musicals and general silliness check them out on Youtube)
- Glass half empty or half full? Glass half full 🙂
- What is the main purpose of your blog? The main purpose of my blog is to share crochet ideas and be able to follow other people who crochet.
- When not blogging, what are some of your favorite websites to visit/hang out at? Other than checking my Facebook account, there isn’t much else I like to do online. Ravelry is pretty cool though.
- Incense, candles, or room spray? And what flavor? I like candles the best. My favourite scents would be the oceany smells, or cinnamon.
- If you could pick one superpower for a single day, what would it be and why? Either to be able to fly, or to be able to breathe underwater. Flying because who doesn’t want to fly! I have loads of dreams where I am flying, and if it’s anything like that in real life it rocks! Breathing underwater because it’s so peaceful and quiet down there. I’d love to stay underwater for hours just exploring and relaxing.
- If you could go back in time and talk to anyone from the history books, who would you choose and why? I think I would want to talk to Christopher Colombus, about his travels and discoveries. You have to be a special sort of person want to travel like that when there were so many dangers and trials ahead.
- What is your favorite animal? Not pet, but animal. Sea turtles.
- What is your favorite memory from your childhood? Sleepovers with my friends. We would sleep out under the stars and stay up late just talking.
11 Random Questions from CrochetCricket
- What craft/crafts is your blog about? Crocheting
- What is your favorite holiday and why? Thanksgiving. Because I love turkey. 😀
- What is your favorite outdoor activity? I enjoy going swimming, walking and hiking.
- Who is your favorite person from History and why? I don’t really have a favourite, but one that I admire off the top of my head….Rosa Parks.
- What is your favorite color to use in your crafts? Black – it goes with any other colour I want to use.
- What Craft sites do you look at in your spare time? Sometimes I check out Ravelry
- What is your favorite kind of music? I’m not really sure. I enjoy the Avett Brothers style of music, and I also like Marianas Trench which is more pop rock.
- If you could be an animal, what would you be? Cat. They have personality. They can be loveable and cuddly, but treat them wrong and the claws with come out.
- How many pairs of shoes do you own? 5 ( 1 pair of runners, 1 pair of sandals, 1 pair of high heels, 1 pair of ballet flats and 1 pair of boots)
- What is your favorite TV series? I haven’t watched any TV series since I got married (we don’t have TV), but I enjoyed Prisonbreak and LOST.
- If you could have one super power, what would it be? see above set of questions from Crochet by Gray.
11 Random Questions to my Nominees
- What was your favourite subject in school?
- Would you consider yourself an introvert or extrovert?
- How long have you been crocheting?
- What type of shoes do you wear the most?
- What is your favourite season? Why?
- What would you do if you won a million dollars?
- Coffee, tea or hot chocolate?
- Other than crocheting, what do you like to do in your spare time?
- Do you like to lead or do you prefer to follow?
- Have you ever been in a physical altercation?
- Would you rather spend a day on the beach or a day on a ski hill?
- Aimee J Arnold – she makes beautiful baby crochet photo props
- Knit for Japan – The Granny Square Project is a pretty cool idea
- BabyLove Brand – She makes and designs beautiful afghans