I recently made a new Deku Link pattern and I am working on a new Link pattern to go with it. I was planning on finishing the Link tonight BUT….. I ran out of green yarn. >.< So he’s just going to have to wait until I have a chance to pick up some more.
My long term goal is to write a pattern for Goron Link and Zora Link as well. That way I can have the whole Majora’s mask set. 🙂 But I like to space them between other projects so I don’t go crazy. 😛
Anyways, here is a pic of the completed Deku Link and the mostly finished Link.
He still needs ears, more hair with some hair styling and trimming, another arm, all his loose ends attached and sewn in, as well as various optional details.
I just downloaded a free 30 trial of Adobe Acrobat and have been spending the afternoon putting some of my patterns up for sale on Ravelry!
Patterns for Sale are:
Phoenix – $1
Legend of Zelda Rupee Wallet – $3
Charmeleon – $0.50
The Little Mermaid (two patterns: mermaid and pink dress) – $1.50
Here is the link to my Ravelry designs!
I also have some free patterns available:
I haven’t posted anything the past few days because I have been so busy. When I did get any free time I didn’t feel like going on the computer so there were no blog posts.
The weather has been absolutely gorgeous here and I’ve been getting a lot of cleaning done around the house. I’ve also crocheted a Pokeball, a Pidgeotto and an Arbok.
Now I’ve started work on a birthday present for my older sister. Her birthday is at the end of May and she has requested an amigurumi of Erza Scarlett, her favourite character from the show Fairy Tail.
I’ve gotten two more Liebster Awards since my last Liebster post, and realized that I had another even early Liebster that I had completely missed!
Thank you so much to Lil Miss Fox. mochi peach, and Pokemon Crochet Challenge blogs for the nominations. It’s great to hear that people like the stuff that I am blogging about and encourages me to keep at it.
The rules are:
- Post 11 facts about yourself
- Answer 11 questions from the other blogger who nominated you (they’re on their blog post!)
- Come up with 11 different questions (be random!) for your nominees
- Nominate some new, upcoming bloggers (less than 200 followers)
11 Facts about Me:
- I love musicals.
- My favourite colour is turquoise.
- My favourite N64 games are The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time, Harvest Moon 64 and Paper Mario.
- I bought a house with my fiance (now husband) when I was 21.
- I enjoy doing volunteer work and helping others.
- I currently do two paper routes in my neighbourhood (only casual job I could find that I could take a baby with me. She enjoys the stroller rides.)
- I graduated college at the top of my class.
- I have never had a nose bleed.
- I prefer snowboarding to skiing.
- My favourite season is summer.
11 Questions from Lil Miss Fox
1. Are you a tidy or messy person? Messy
2. What makes you truly happy? Spending quality time with my family and friends
3. Do you have a secret or hidden talent? Umm. Don’t think so.
4. What is your astrological sign? Do you read your horoscope? Leo, but I don’t ever read the horoscopes. Waste of time in my opinion.
5. Have you ever had anyone publicly declare their love for you? Yes.
6. What do you do when nobody’s around and you have nothing to do? Play video games
7. If you could live anywhere else in the world, where would you move? Probably New Zealand. Its lovely over there and I have some friends who live there. That or somewhere warmer than Canada. 😛
8. Are you a spender or a saver? Saver
9. Are you a heart-breaker or the heart-broken? Never had my heart broken, so I guess I’m the heart-breaker. 😛
10. If you became a stripper, what would your new name be? Hmmm, Jade. That’s simple but sexy. 😉
11. What colour is your underwear right now? Purple and black
11 Questions from mochi peach
- What is the first thing you MUST do before anything else in the mornings? Brush my teeth and drink a glass of water
- What is your favorite series (books, tv, movies)? I love the Wheel of Time book series by Robert Jordan
- Do you have any pets? If so, what are they? If not, what would be your dream pet? I have two female cats. Their names are Tubby and Shion.
- What is your guilty pleasure (bad reality shows, cheesy romance novels, one hit wonder bands, etc)? Reading juvenile and young adult fiction books.
- What is your favorite thing about nature or being outdoors? The sunshine
- Where you do find inspiration from? I find inspiration from the video games and movies that I grew up on
- Where would be your ideal getaway? Somewhere tropical, at the beach with lots of good food and drink.
- What is your least favorite sweet food or dessert? I don’t like anything that has fruit in it, on it or even on the same plate.
- Do you always find yourself on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, etc. without realizing it? Not really
- What is your favorite and least favorite thing about your blog? Favourite thing would be the Reader and being able to search other blogs by categories. Less favourite would be tagging my posts properly
- It’s a Friday night, no plans are set. Where would you go or what would you be doing? If I’m visiting in Southern Ontario I would go to the Moose and Goose (Country Fridays with line dancing!) with my friends, if I’m home I would probably watch a movie or play a board game with my husband.
11 Questions from Pokemon Crochet Challenge
- what is the first site you check when you open the internet? Hotmail
- which object do you always carry with you? A sweater.
- have you ever met a celebrity? I’ve met some Canadian bands if that counts (Hot Hot Heat, Marianas Trench, The Stereos, The New Cities)
- what is your bathroom ritual? If I’m leaving the house, just a little concealer, blush and eye liner. It just takes a minute or two. If I’m staying home I don’t bother.
- do you have pets? Yes, two cats
- your favorite pokémon? Maybe Dratini?
- where are you most proud of? not sure
- what is your favorite book? Shadow Rising by Robert Jordan (book 4 of The Wheel of Time series)
- what do you like to do when you’re home alone? Crochet, play video games, sing loudly
- have you ever dyed your hair? No
- why did you decide to start blogging? As a way to share ideas and be able to follow other crochet blogs.
- Hooks ‘n’ Games
My 11 Questions are:
- Do you play video games? If so, what is your favourite game?
- Favourite season?
- Which size crochet hook do you use the most?
- Do you prefer walking, jogging or biking?
- Do you startle easily?
- What is your least favourite food?
- What shoe size are you?
- Single, attached or married?
- What is your job?
- Would you rather: spend the day shopping or spend the day relaxing at home?
- Non-smoker or smoker?
The Charmeleon pattern is now for sale on Ravelry. Check it out here!
It seems like the Liebster Award is making its way through the crochet crowd today. :)I received one from CrochetbyGray and one from CrochetCricket. Thank you to both of you, I appreciate it very much.
Here are the rules:
- Thank and link back to the blogger who presented you with the award.
- List 11 random facts about yourself
- Answer 11 random questions
- Create 11 random questions for your nominees
- Present/nominate a Liebster Blog Award to more newbie bloggers! (no tag backs)
11 Random Facts About Myself
- I am a Christian and attend church every Sunday.
- I met my husband in high school. He was the first and last person I dated.
- I am the 2nd oldest with 7 siblings. 5 sisters and 2 brothers.
- I have small hands. My rings are size 4.5
- I enjoy singing.
- Even though I can’t stand country music, I love line dancing and am actually pretty good.
- I started crocheting because I broke my foot (wasn’t allowed to put any weight on it for 2.5 months) and needed something to do while sitting around all day.
- My favourite subject in high school was Biology.
- I worked as a lifeguard/instructor for 5 summers.
- I love hot weather, the beach and swimming.
- No matter what job I do, I like to do it to the very best of my ability. I take pride in a task well done.
11 Random Questions from Crochet by Gray
- If you crochet, what is your favorite pattern to date? If you don’t, what is your favorite crafty thing that you or someone else has made? My favourite pattern to date is the Namine Doll that I made.
- What is your favorite meal to cook? My favourite meal to cook is Cheesy Noodles and Ham Casserole.
- Who is your favorite band/singer? My favourite band is Marianas Trench, and I also love the musical acting troupe called Starkid (if you like Harry Potter, musicals and general silliness check them out on Youtube)
- Glass half empty or half full? Glass half full 🙂
- What is the main purpose of your blog? The main purpose of my blog is to share crochet ideas and be able to follow other people who crochet.
- When not blogging, what are some of your favorite websites to visit/hang out at? Other than checking my Facebook account, there isn’t much else I like to do online. Ravelry is pretty cool though.
- Incense, candles, or room spray? And what flavor? I like candles the best. My favourite scents would be the oceany smells, or cinnamon.
- If you could pick one superpower for a single day, what would it be and why? Either to be able to fly, or to be able to breathe underwater. Flying because who doesn’t want to fly! I have loads of dreams where I am flying, and if it’s anything like that in real life it rocks! Breathing underwater because it’s so peaceful and quiet down there. I’d love to stay underwater for hours just exploring and relaxing.
- If you could go back in time and talk to anyone from the history books, who would you choose and why? I think I would want to talk to Christopher Colombus, about his travels and discoveries. You have to be a special sort of person want to travel like that when there were so many dangers and trials ahead.
- What is your favorite animal? Not pet, but animal. Sea turtles.
- What is your favorite memory from your childhood? Sleepovers with my friends. We would sleep out under the stars and stay up late just talking.
11 Random Questions from CrochetCricket
- What craft/crafts is your blog about? Crocheting
- What is your favorite holiday and why? Thanksgiving. Because I love turkey. 😀
- What is your favorite outdoor activity? I enjoy going swimming, walking and hiking.
- Who is your favorite person from History and why? I don’t really have a favourite, but one that I admire off the top of my head….Rosa Parks.
- What is your favorite color to use in your crafts? Black – it goes with any other colour I want to use.
- What Craft sites do you look at in your spare time? Sometimes I check out Ravelry
- What is your favorite kind of music? I’m not really sure. I enjoy the Avett Brothers style of music, and I also like Marianas Trench which is more pop rock.
- If you could be an animal, what would you be? Cat. They have personality. They can be loveable and cuddly, but treat them wrong and the claws with come out.
- How many pairs of shoes do you own? 5 ( 1 pair of runners, 1 pair of sandals, 1 pair of high heels, 1 pair of ballet flats and 1 pair of boots)
- What is your favorite TV series? I haven’t watched any TV series since I got married (we don’t have TV), but I enjoyed Prisonbreak and LOST.
- If you could have one super power, what would it be? see above set of questions from Crochet by Gray.
11 Random Questions to my Nominees
- What was your favourite subject in school?
- Would you consider yourself an introvert or extrovert?
- How long have you been crocheting?
- What type of shoes do you wear the most?
- What is your favourite season? Why?
- What would you do if you won a million dollars?
- Coffee, tea or hot chocolate?
- Other than crocheting, what do you like to do in your spare time?
- Do you like to lead or do you prefer to follow?
- Have you ever been in a physical altercation?
- Would you rather spend a day on the beach or a day on a ski hill?
So I just got my husband to take some pictures of me with the Zelda scarf so that I can get it up and listed on Etsy. I finished the Baby Belle doll last night, so I need to take pictures of that and send that with my notes to Kairyk. Next on the list? I SHOULD start on the Jigglypuff doll….but I REALLY want to make a Ariel doll right now. We’ll see what I do. 🙂
The scarf is listed in my Etsy shop. https://www.etsy.com/listing/127393941/legend-of-zelda-scarf-its-dangerous-to